Friday, October 21, 2005

Axed, but not silenced

Well, the Boston Globe, or more accurately, the New York Times Co.'s cost-cutting pulled the plug on Personal Tech, the column I've been writing for since 1999.

Sadly, I was sitting here putting a product thru the wringer for the next column when my now former editor called to say it's over.

Ptech may be gone, but I'm not done pontificating on the latest gizmos and gadgets.

So, welcome to ptech, the next phase. Everyone who knows me knows that I brake for shiny objects. Then I express an opinion about 'em.

My pledge: To continue to explain it all in plain English.

My tagline: It's personal.

And that's what we'll do here. Get very personal about software, hardware and the web. Freed from the constraints of newsprint, I'll point you to the latest and greatest and steer you away from the stuff that's not worth your time.

Oh, and I'm still planning to pitch stuff to the Globe and other outlets, so keep the press releases and review units coming. (I'll be particularly interested in trend pieces.)

You can still reach me at mijohn@mail-me.com. Got something you want me to tackle in this space? Go ahead. Mail me.

Michelle Johnson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Atlanta Contract Staffing said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.