Monday, October 24, 2005

Embarrassing Question of the Week

Q: I messed up. Somehow I moved a window on my computer up past the top edge of the screen. Now I can’t move it or get to those buttons in the right-hand corner that resize the window. How do I get it back the way it was? Oh, and I'm using Windows XP.


You’ve lost something called the “Title bar.”

Title bar

To get it back:

  1. Press and hold down the Alt key, then hit the spacebar, then the M key.
  2. Now, look on your keyboard for a grouping of keys with arrows on them. Hit the key that points down a couple times and you should see the window has moved down.
    Arrow Keys
  3. Once you’ve got the window down far enough to see the title bar, click anywhere inside the window.

buttonsYou should now be able to click on the title bar and drag the window wherever you want it, or click one of the buttons that minimizes, maximizes or closes the window.

1 comment:

Business Communications Los Angeles said...

We absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be exactly what we were looking for.